THE GLOBE OF GOODWILL
The Benefit Society for Children with Disabilities (SLF) has launched a Globe of Goodwill every year since 2003. The Globes form a unique collection of artwork by some of Iceland’s most renowned artists. These artists contribute their work to support our efforts on behalf of children and young people with disabilities.
Previous Globes of Goodwill:
- 2003 2 PAINTERS by Erro
- 2004 THE EYE BALL by Olafur Eliasson
- 2005 WITHOUT BEGINNING – WITHOUT END by Ruri
- 2006 SALT OF THE EARTH by Gabriela Fridriksdottir
- 2007 CIRCLE by Eggert Petursson
- 2008 BREATH OF LIFE by The Icelandic Love Corporation
- 2009 TOUCH by Hreinn Fridfinnsson
- 2010 DISTANCE by Katrin Sigurdardottir
- 2011 DRAW YOUR OWN MAP by Yoko Ono
- 2012 LOCKET by Hrafnhildur Arnardóttir
The objective of the Globe of Goodwill is to enrich the lives of children and young people with disabilities. All proceeds are used to support and expand the operation of Camp Reykjadalur, thus making it possible for a growing number of youngsters to experience adventures, have fun and make new friends. Thus it is the Globe’s contents that give it its true value - love and friendship.
A BEAUTIFUL WORK OF ART
Every year one of Iceland’s foremost artists is given the task of making a unique piece of art using a clear blown-glass sphere – i.e. creating a Globe of Goodwill. Each Globe of Goodwill is a beautiful work of art and a delightful collector’s piece. No two Globes are exactly the same and each edition is limited. The Globe comes in a box with an accompanying booklet.