Lives and Works:New York, NY
Education: MFA Art Criticism and Writing, School of Visual Arts, New York, NY 2016
About the Author
Will Fenstermaker is a writer based in Brooklyn. His writings on art, photography, and technology have appeared in The Brooklyn Rail, Hyperallergic, Surface, Momus, Two Coats of Paint, and elsewhere. He has worked in editorial departments at the Guggenheim Museum, National Geographic, Public Books, and as a photojournalist for Mashable. His curatorial debut, “Elsewhere Is a Negative Mirror,” was a response to issues of border realignment and migration in Europe and North America. Before he was a writer, Will was an investigator for the Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia. Will earned his MFA in Art Criticism & Writing from the School of Visual Arts in 2016, with a thesis on Thomas Ruff’s “Jpegs” and photography in mass media.
- Meet 4 Galleries at Frieze From Unexpected Cities
- Phone Apps As Art: 10 Truly Mobile Artist Projects You Can Download From the App Store
- From C-Print to Silver Gelatin: The Ultimate Guide to Photo Prints
- On Dave Eggers, Author of 'The Circle,' and His Second Career as a Visual Artist
- Watch the Trailer: Cate Blanchett Plays 13 Roles in Julian Rosefeldt's 'Manifesto'
- The Art of Art Insurance: A Practical Guide for Artists, Galleries, and Collectors
- This Kickstarter Aims to Render Angela Merkel Giving Ivanka Trump the Side-Eye in the Style of George W. Bush
- 10 Hottest Tel Aviv-Based Artists on Artspace
- In Photos: See Andrew Sendor's Studio in Preparation For His Sperone Westwater Exhibition
- Artistry Vs. Novelty: Digital Art Museum Director Wolf Lieser on Virtual Reality as Art
- 8 Stand-Out Emerging Artists at SPRING/BREAK